A QUALIFIED and EXPERIENCED teacher will:
- provide a first rate education — not just quick short cuts.
- design instructional goals for each individual student.
- recognize & draw on individual strengths to achieve goals.
- teach music theory in a way that ensures retention.
- yield very high rates of long term student retention.
Most of my students come for a year to two of piano lessons and stay 10+ years!
Suzanne holds a degree in piano performance with a specialized study in piano pedagogy and a Master’s degree in music from the University of Maryland at College Park.
Her primary instrument is the piano, and she maintains a private practice in Severna Park, MD as a teacher of piano performance, music appreciation, and music theory.
Suzanne’s academic and musical career has included work as an instructor of piano pedagogy (teaching piano teachers), a piano instructor, performer, choral director, professional accompanist, and university faculty for 30 years.
She has taught music at the University of Maryland, American University, and is currently a professor of music at Montgomery College.